Our customers at Echuca Moama Storage have many reasons for storing with us. Whether they are cleaning out some clutter, moving to a smaller home or they are wanting more space in their wardrobe. Storing their winter wardrobe and replacing with their summer one allows them much more space. And let’s face it, who doesn’t need more space in their wardrobes. Shopping calls! But before you do this you must ensure that you can find everything when you need to. Otherwise you will end up feeling more overwhelmed than you already do now. Clearing out some clutter makes people feel like they can breathe again. So, what have you got to lose?
The big tip before you take the step to store your items:-
Write down a list of what’s going into your storage unit. This way you won’t have to second guess yourself as to whether that favourite pair of jeans or your car registration papers are hiding in your house somewhere or if they are packed away neatly in your storage unit.
- Write a brief description of your items.
- Keep a record of where and how you packed your item (for example in bubble wrap, in a container, or in a box).
- Colour code your containers so you know which container to look for.
- Keep a record of the storage unit number and the name and address of your chosen storage facility (which would be Echuca Moama Storage of course).
- Take photos of any serial numbers or model numbers if you need to.
- Don’t lose this list – perhaps even keep a copy inside the door of your Storage Unit.
More tips next week on how to organize your storage unit.